Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:47:40

Hi Greg

On page two I have details of spar ramp install:
 http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=31838&g2_page=1
Boy some portions were thin on my spar ramps, I liked using Tufnal and Reduxing
it in place. I used a router to get close and then a belt sander to complete
the fitting.
I found that making ramps for wing spar bushings and cowbell entrances really
helped
out a lot and will keep the aluminium bushings in good shape in addition
to putting much less loading on the cowbells since the aluminium bushings will
no longer hang up on them.
I had an accelerated cockpit module. After a few trial attempts to rig the wings
the starboard cowbell broke looke. It was only Reduxed in place with less than
stellar scuff sanding. I reinstalled doing a much better scuff sanding job
and installed first ply of fiberglass wet out with Redux, then peel plied. Then
subsequent plies of glass were wet out with Aeropoxy. The aluminium aileron
bracket I used same technique, first ply Redux wet glass and peel ply,
subsequent
plies glass wet with Aeropoxy. Heating the Redux with a heat gun once it is
on the glass helps to more easily wet out. Redux wet glass sticks much more
better to steel or aluminium than Aeropoxy wet glass.

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: