Re: Europa-List: Re: Fixing Cooling Ducting to Firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fixing Cooling Ducting to Firewall
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:11:32
Malcolm=0Ayou could put the anchor nut on the outside, (the same side as th
e ducting, =0Adrill the hole slightly larger to accept the boss of the anch
or nut) Not ideal =0Abut it works.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A______________
__________________=0AFrom: MalcolmH <mhendra@f2s.com>=0ATo: europa-list@mat
ronics.com=0ASent: Wednesday, 8 June, 2011 10:46:28=0ASubject: Europa-List:
 Re: Fixing Cooling Ducting to Firewall=0A=0A--> Europa-List message posted
 by: "MalcolmH" <mhendra@f2s.com>=0A=0AHi, I thought I'd update on progress
 of fixing the ducting to the Firewall.=0A=0AWhat I found is that after pos
itioning the ducting assembly onto the firewall =0Aaccording to the photogr
aphs in the manual I indicated the available area for a =0Abolt using a mat
ker pen. I then put an anchor nut in a suitable position on the =0Ainside o
f the ducting within this space (similarly to the previous poster).=0A=0AI
then repositioned and drilled pilot holes into the firwall and what I thoug
ht =0Awas through into the footwell. Wrong.... I have drilled thorough into
 the void =0Abetween the footwell and bottom of firewall. I cant positon th
e ducting in order =0Ato secure through to the footwell.=0A=0AI checked the
 initial positioning by offering up the lower cowling and it looks =0Aperfe
ct.=0A=0AI suspect this anomaly is because I have the Classic fuselage and
cockpit =0Amodule/Firweall. I cant find any documentation to support this.
I do have the XS =0Afirewall forward kit.=0A=0ASo in short the ducting will
 only be supported by the supplied brackets into the =0Afront of the footwe
ll. I suppose I could fabricate some further brackets to =0Asupport at the
sides of the footwell if needs be.=0A=0ARegards=0A=0AMalcolm Hendra (Kit 12
1)=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.
=========