Re: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:23:39
It may be a silly Question, But have you rigged the wings with the flaps in
 place?- I ask, because the flap drive pin slides into the flap cross tub
e as the flaps are retracted. If you are measuring with the flaps extended
it would appear to be short. =0A-=0AI hope this helps. Sorry if you are r
eady know this=0A=0A==================
===0A=0ARichard Wheelwright=0A=============
========0A=0AFrom: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Tuesday, 7 June 2011, 12:55=0ASubj
ect: RE: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube=0A=0A--> Europa-List message post
ed by: "Greg Fuchs " <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>=0A=0A=0AKelv,=0A=0AThank
s for the info! It sure does help.=0A=0AMy Port measurement from the closeo
ut web to the inboard face of the FLAP=0Apin mounting plates is 75.125 (75
1/8)=0A- STDB measurement is 74.875 (74 7/8)=0A=0AWell, that makes a half
 an inch difference from your measurement, anyway. I=0Aam stumped. If I ass
ume 1/2 inch short for flap and maybe 1/4 inch for drive=0Atube, it still d
oesn't cover 1.75 to 2 inches, which is what it appears I=0Aneed to span th
e distance.=0A=0AThanks, that is the only reference for the flaps I have to
in Weston" <kelv@kdweston.biz>=0A=0AGreg=0A=0AMy flap cross tube on kit 497
 is 44.6 inches as supplied by Europa=0A(untrimmed and without bearings).
=0A=0AMy flap dimensions are shown below, measured from the closeout web be
tween=0Athe flap and aileron and the inboard face of the wing pin mounting
plates.=0A=0APort- 1908 mm or 75.2 inches=0A=0AStbd- 1912 mm or 75.3 in
ches=0A=0AHope this helps.=0A=0A--------=0ARegards=0A=0AKelv Weston=0AKit 4
==