RE: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 04:55:29

Kelv,

Thanks for the info! It sure does help.

My Port measurement from the closeout web to the inboard face of the FLAP
pin mounting plates is 75.125 (75 1/8)
   STDB measurement is 74.875 (74 7/8)

Well, that makes a half an inch difference from your measurement, anyway. I
am stumped. If I assume 1/2 inch short for flap and maybe 1/4 inch for drive
tube, it still doesn't cover 1.75 to 2 inches, which is what it appears I
need to span the distance.

Thanks, that is the only reference for the flaps I have to compare to.

Greg

Greg

My flap cross tube on kit 497 is 44.6 inches as supplied by Europa
(untrimmed and without bearings).

My flap dimensions are shown below, measured from the closeout web between
the flap and aileron and the inboard face of the wing pin mounting plates.

Port  1908 mm or 75.2 inches

Stbd  1912 mm or 75.3 inches

Hope this helps.

--------