RE: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:33:19
Hi Richard!
Yes, with the flaps up. The wings are pinned with the main spar pins, but
the lift pins are not in place. Could that be it? ..Rocking the wings fore
and aft, there does not seem to be much movement. There is no hole in the
fuselage to accept the cross tube yet. I am looking ahead to try an see how
things are going to fit in the future, and measurements have an eyeball
factor, since things are not in line, and may be suffering some parallax.
Currently trying to figure out some way to provide a slot in the
quick-connect area for the wing spars to slide in, to make it easier to
rig/derig (I don't think there is extra Tufnol in the kit for this, maybe
HDPE will work..).   ..Final say may well be after the wing is set in its
permanent position with lift pins and cross tube installed through the
fuselage..  I might use some plumb bobs (hanging from flap pin surface) for
a better esitmate, later on today.
Thanks for your input,
Greg

  _____