Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube problem

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Flap cross tube problem
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:46:19

Greg and those interested,

I remember using a trick to line up my flap cross tube hinges so very long ago.
Don't recall every detail but it involved using AN bolts the size that the
hinges
pivot on, drilled holes in them lengthwise, the diameter of some twine or
fishing line that was very strong, threading the line through the hinges and
pulling it tight between both the flaps, letting the already reduxed hinges and
spacers align themselves. Pack a good fillet of redux around the hinge mounts
and left it to cure. Maybe you can figure out what else I did or come up with
your own way. The key though was letting the hinges self align on the wet redux
so that the string was absolutely straight.

Troy Maynor
Europa Monowheel Classic #120
96 hours and climbing

Read this topic online here: