RE: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 00:36:03
Hi! Duncan.
Thanks for that message. I spoke to Andy Draper today and he said that
the gills initially were put in for cooling when parking up, and had
been surprised when flying without doors once he put his hand over the
port gills and found hot air! This rather substantiates my not having
the gills as a Jabiru Cowl.
The Jabiru Carb sits right above the muffler  and I had a suitably
placed soldering mat on top of the muffler , can't see why this
shouldn't work for Rotax  and leave the gills blocked
Regards
Bob Harrison.
Robt.C.Harrison