Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:57:46

Hi Gilles,
Yes we know cars and airplanes are not the same. We know the thread started
because
there is a returning problem with over cooling in our circumstances. We also
know that your airplane is not an Europa and has a perfectly designed cooling
system. Europa's have not.

There are several solutions, from redesigning the cowl with intake- our
outlet-flaps
to simple solutions like thermostats. Thermostats are automatic, install
and forget, proved reliable technology. Probably lighter the any flap and it's
non-automatic control mechanism.  The new thing in this Finnish contribution
is the oil/water heat exchanger, that saves the weight of the oil radiator and
it's content.

Since the temperatures here vary between +30 and -40 during a normal year here,
a pretty fair breeze is not enough to keep temperatures within acceptable
limits.
I hope you can accept our different point of view.

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org