Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:08:08

Right again,Gilles :-)
The area of intake required to cool an O-360 Lycoming on a Long EZ is
about 14 square inches, but only if everything inside the cowling is
optimised, baffling, pressure recovery ducts etc.There are several EZs
with inlets this small. Most of them use exhaust extraction to help
cooling on the ground.
Graham