Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:39:10
Vaughn,

I cannot be absolutely sure but NORMALLY
thermostat design itself leaves it fully
open in failure situation.

Who knows ANY broken thermostat in
cars (younger than 10-20 years)?

Problems may occur if the coolant liquid
is NEVER changed.

In cars most people never do it IMHO.
Just like brake fluid, it should be changed
regularly (let=B4s say once a 1-3 year
to remove moisture and small obstackles etc).

May I suggest you to go some car spare shop,
keep it on your hand and look at it carefully?

Regards, Raimo