Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:30:42
Shit happens....

I am sorry about your Mazda.

Are you SURE  "they" have changed
the cooling liquid never ever?
Did not you get any warnings before damage?!
After that, did you leave the thermostat
out of your car = uninstalled = eliminating
it happens never again?!

The safest way is to NOT limit your cooling
system by the help of thermostats or flaps.
But if you still like to do it, which way is safer?!

If the thermostat is jammed in closed-position,
you should notice it before take-off. I think it is a
normal practise to check engine temp is normal
and it stays there before take off.

And when driving car, many people stop their car
when temp gauge is coming close to red...before
damage.

One fact: many "extras" are some kind of risk also.
(Flying) life is full of alternatives. One has to make
best choice suitable just for him. The water thermostat
is one of my choosing...

Regards, Raimo