Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil cooler thermostat
From: Rman <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:02:05

It's funny how different builds render different results.  I was
experiencing  high temps, both on the ground and in the air, with the
gills open.  I closed them, and temps went up, across the board.
Lowering the water radiator and sealing it to the lower cowl with a
rubber seal dropped temps by 10-20 degrees F.  My cowl slits are now
open and temps are normal.  I should mention that I did the firewall
mod, suggested by Bob at Flightcrafters, which is sealing the tunnel
(tri-gear) behind the bungies and leaving the factory firewall out,
completely.  Lots of air exiting that big hole.  The Construction can be
seen at http://www.N55XS.com

Jeff - Baby Blue
240 hours

josok wrote:

>Could it be, that the combination of open gills, bottom cowl opening and entry
holes in front creates a pocket of standing air, or pulls air from around the
exhaust over the generator or would it not be better to have a designated, more
or less defined single entry and exit point? So doing away with the gills all
together.
>I've asked Andy the same question on his last day at the factory, and if i
>remembered
correctly the answer was something like "needed only after shutdown" To
prevent heat collecting under the cows after shutdown on a hot day i could just
open the inspection covers?