Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?
From: Bob Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:13:33

Graham, Raimo, et. al.,

In looking at ACS trying to find specs on my old ACS reservoir, I see
that ACS no longer sells this model.  The latest model has a machined
aluminum body.  I would bet that one could be sealed with a non-vented
1/8 NPT plug so that if filled to capacity, it would take the brake system
pressures.

But then you would still have the problem of brake wear requiring more
fluid in the calipers and you would have to add fluid to the reservoir.  And
when you put on new brake pads, you'd have to remove the extra fluid
---From the reservoir.  Same problem as with only the master cylinder
except that the reservoir may be easier to access.

One really needs some sort of valving between the reservoir and master
cylinder to allow the fluid to move back and forth when that is necessary
or seal the system for brake operation.

Bob

On Friday, October 16, 2009, at 07:54AM, "Graham Singleton"
<grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Raimo Toivio wrote:
>>
>> Tim,
>>
>> I think valve is not necessary if you keep the reservoir always full-filled.
>> And it is easy to keep it so (much easier like cylinder).
>> Adding no-return valve is a 2nd level to enhance brake system.(I assume
>> no-return-valve
is like diode for electricitet).