Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?
From: jim.naylor@talktalk.net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:55:13

For those people who are content with the existing master cylinder set up
and do not want to modify it, you may find my method worth trying. I use a
plastic nozzle usually supplied with mastic cartridges as a funnel. Cut the
end back until it can be screwed into the filler hole, stuff some rag around
the base of it, pour a drop of fluid in, pump the brake leaver a few times,
remove the nozzle, screw the filler cap back on and remove the rag, job
done! Takes about 5 mins.
Pumping the leaver blows any air out that enters when you remove the plug
and if there is a small amount left in the funnel after doing so, on
removing the funnel it is soaked up by the rag and also ensures the cylinder
is full to the brim prior to refitting the plug.
Only pour a very small amount into the funnel, which leaves plenty of room
for fluid to be pumped out of the cylinder along with any air when operating
the leaver. With each stroke of the leaver give the air time to rise up
through the fluid in the funnel before releasing it and sucking the fluid
back into the cylinder.

Jim Naylor

> Fellow Europaphiles,
>
> I have started a new album on my site: "Brake Reservoir Study."  So  far,
> there are 4 pics of the ACS brake reservoir with some descriptive  text.
>
> Next step will be to identify the following elements:
>
> 1. Fitting to screw into the bottom of the reservoir to attach a hose.
> 2. Hose
> 3. Fitting to screw into the fill-hole of the master cylinder to which
> the other end of the hose will attach.
> 4. Some sort of check valve to go in the system somewhere to enable  the
> brake master to generate the pressure necessary to function rather  than
> just squirt brake fluid back into the reservoir.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!
>
> Check six,
> Bob Borger
> Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S

database
4514 (20091016) __________