Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?
From: Bob Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:35:40

Raimo,

And I will dig up the reservoir I have to see what type of hardware will be
necessary

to connect it to the filling opening of the brake master cylinder.  I'm sure it
will need
a fitting to be added to the reservoir which will allow connection to a length
of hose.
Then there will be another fitting required which would connect to a hose and to
the
reservoir.  I see the primary problem being the fitting connecting the hose to
the
master cylinder.  The plug to the master cylinder has straight threads and seals

against an "O" ring.  We would need a similar arrangement on any fitting.

Also, we must determine if the plug must be installed for the braking action to
work.
It seems that in my work with the brake that it is not necessary, but this must
be
confirmed.  As a previous poster has indicated, it may be necessary for a check

valve to be installed in the line between the reservoir and master cylinder.

Bob

On Thursday, October 15, 2009, at 02:11PM, "Raimo Toivio" <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
wrote:

>Bob,
>
>next time I visit my plane I will make some location checks for the reservoir
tank.
>As you assume if located top of the tunnel it may prevent the erconomic use of
the brake lever (or not).
>Anyway over the tunnel between the seats there is plenty of room for a tiny
>brake
fluid tank.
>The hose between the tank and the brake lever cylinder could be a golden
>eye-catcher
itself...

wrote:

>> >Bob,
>> >
>> >why did you plan to instal reservoir to the firewall?
>> >
>> >What about a simple solution to instal it just straight to the fill hole
>> >just
top of the master cylinder AND and top of the tunnel? It is visible then but
so what? We need only a reservoir with one inch connection tube with those
threads
male 37 degree AN style you mentioned. Do you think it looks awful there?
It is visible also in fine MCs also. A practical technic is also beautiful
is not it?