Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?
From: Bob Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 06:29:05

Raimo,

I tried to add a reservoir to my brake master but there just wasn't enough room

between the top of the tunnel and the top of the brake master cylinder to get a

fitting and line.  I had planned to modify the top of the tunnel to add room for

the necessary hardware.  You would need a 90 degree that would match the
threads on the master cylinder fill hole with a male 37 degree AN style on the

other end of the fitting.  A line to go from the fitting, through the firewall
to a
reservoir, probably hanging on the engine side of the firewall.  I gave up when
I couldn't find a 90 degree fitting to match the threads of  the master fill
hole.

I'd sure be interested if there was someone out there who has added a
reservoir to their monowheel master cylinder.

Bob

On Thursday, October 15, 2009, at 06:12AM, "Raimo Toivio" <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
wrote:

>Bob,
>
>that (temperature) is probably a significant factor in this game.
>On Tuesday temp was around 10C and I had brakes but on Wednesday temp was 0C
>and
brakes were almost gone. An external reservoir should compensate this
temperature
effect.