Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel master cylinder?
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:48:51

Dear Europaphiles,

There has been quite a lot of discussion lately regarding problems on
tri-gear brakes. I now have a question on monowheel brakes.

The problem I have is that as the brake pads wear, the stroke on the
handle increases and the only way to fix this is to add fluid to the
cylinder since there is no external reservoir. This procedure is a bit
clumsy and fluid also has to be removed when new pads are fitted

Has anyone had success with fitting a different system with a reservoir
which avoids this problem? Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina