RE: Europa-List: Help Please!!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Help Please!!
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:54:15

Hi! Jon
Hopefully you have done the spar strap/cuff with the wings pinned together
away from the aircraft ?
If so I would apply a small amount of heat round the cuff, but not where it
is bonded to the spar, whilst giving some sharp pulls to part the wings.
If the wings are fitted to the aircraft then I don't profess to have an
answer other than some sharp pulling shocks (with the pins out!) I'm
sceptical about the Sissor Jack idea other than again only with the wings
detached and jacking two pins apart which are only engaged in each wing
separately and that would involve some device being made since the jack
would have to engage on a pin either side of the assembly simultaneously.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG