Re: Europa-List: Help Please!!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Help Please!!
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:18:24

JonSmith wrote:

> I've laid up the spar strap which seems to have gone well but -
> you've guessed it - I can't get the wings apart again!

I would try it with a high-lift-jack, as commenly used by off-roaders:
http://www.vislandrovers.nl/extra/HighLiftJacks.php

These "clamp" can get far apart enough to clamp over the ends of the
wing spars, and they can be configured either to move outwards (like
lifting a car) or compressing (like you need to force the wing spar to
slide out of the strap).

If this doesn't work, you can try to heat up the connection between both
wing spars.

If nothing helps, you can always take the spar strap apart again, clean
up the mess, and after releasing the wings, build the strap again from
scratch....

Frans