Re: Europa-List: Bubble doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bubble doors
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:47:50

Frank Kusserow wrote:
> <frank@kusserow-online.com>
>
> Dear All,
>
> thanks for the Ideas. I cut into the seat base today and found an inch
> or so of styrofoam which I will remove before I get to the windows
> (because it might still be not be enough headroom). I am 185 cm (73
> inches) tall and up to now I barely fit into the cockpit. Is that
> normal in the "Classic"?
>
> Regards from Germany,
> Frank
Frank
you might try sitting on a small bean bag, shuffle until it's
comfortable then have a look at the shape you need. The trick is to
achieve even seat pressure on the body. Racing cars fill a bag with pour
in place foam and let it set round the body. Has to be the right amount
though.
The problem is sometimes length of upper torso. Body length varies a
lot, You can increase space by moving the buttocks forwards, which will
raise the knees.
I did modify one Europa for a guy who was 77in tall.
Graham