Europa-List: Bubble doors

Subject: Europa-List: Bubble doors
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:51:40
Frank,I concur with Karl, try memory foam.  Additionally, I found the de
sign of the seat bottom and seat back to be critically important if you
are to fly more than a couple of hours at a time.  I am 6'1" (186cm)and
am able to fly 4 hour legs without complaint.  The key for me was to hav
e a semi-reclined seating position with good lumbar support.  This is ac
hieved by having the seat back follow the angle of the head rest (rather
 than have it flush vertically against the cockpit module.  This puts th
e bottom of the seat back cushion around 4" or so from the back of the c
ockpit module.  The seat bottom is made from tempur foam utilizing two 1
" thick plys of foam (one blue and one green).  I have posted a few pict
ures on the builder forum.Regards,Erich TrombleyN28ET Classic Mono 914Tr
y using a cushion out of memory foam. You must be very tall.KarlFrom: fr
ank@kusserow-online.comTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Europa-List
: Bubble doorsDate: Sun=2C 4 Jan 2009 00:11:46 +0100Dear All=2Clast
November I bought D-EJWD=2C a Europa Classic Mono with Rotax 912 UL.Si
nce the headroom is definately not sufficient with cussions installed ju
st thick enough for a comfortable seating position (for max. 2 hour-flig
hts) - I am looking for those bubble doors I have seen on few UK-picture
s on europaowners.org.Where are they from? Did aerodynamics change with
installation? Are there any other options of getting more headroom easil
y?Thanks for a hint or two.Regards=2CFrank KusserowEuropa Classic Mono
Essen/Germany
Learn about VA loan programs and benefits. Click now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbuptywh8aHCuRRIcYmHQA0R
8daSTJR3ITGWr0Y6uczuab6bV/