Re: TP5 & TP6

Subject: Re: TP5 & TP6
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:04:13
> At the moment I have reached the stage of bonding the TP5 and TP6 bushes
> into the stabilator. The problem I have is that the bushes are a very tight
> fit on the TP4 torque tube.  I can't see any way that I can use the tube to
> align the bushes while the rapid epoxy cures because inserting the tube
> completely displaces the bushes in the core. What sort of fit should the
> bushes have on the torque tube?

Unlubricated, a sliding, slightly gratey fit.

At least one of mine was slightly oval at one end and needed gently squeezing to
restore roundness (the witness marks from putting it on in the tight state will
show where the problem is).  After that the build procedure as described was
perfectly possible.

John Cliff