Re: TP5 & TP6

Subject: Re: TP5 & TP6
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:41:48
Sorry, Bob - mea culpa, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to
Rob's comment on not polishing the torque tube - which he is, I am sure,
quite right about.

As I understand it, the idea is: provide mechanical key on the outside
of the bushes with a hacksaw and 40-grit paper as per the manual; polish
the inside of the bushes or squeeze them into shape, if required, as per
comments on this list; don't mess with the torque tube! Someone please
correct me if I'm wrong.

On a separate, but very-close-in-the-manual topic, I should have a set
of MDF templates available by the end of the weekend for helping cut the
stabilator tip profile. I don't fancy trying to keep a hacksaw aligned
on both surfaces of the stabilator to cut the shape. If anyone at this
stage in the Oxfordshire area would like to borrow them and save a
couple of hours, please let me know!

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey