Re: Arlington Info

Subject: Re: Arlington Info
From: JW <xs191@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:04:12
Steve.

    Having lived in the Phoenix area several years...  twice, I know that
early July is a great time to leave as the monsoons arrive.  Yes folks,
monsoons.  For those of you who are not familiar with the area, it can rain
in Phoenix.  A LOT.  Not only that, but with temps well above 100, or 115,
and even above 120, the last thing you need is a lot of humidity as well.  On
the other hand, the electrical storms are fascinating and extraordinary
spectacles to watch.  Non stop vertical lightning as well as sheet lightning
going across the sky is a site to see.
    Anyway, for those of you interested in coming to Arlington in July, be
sure to checkout the Northwest EAA website for details.  The URL is
http://www.nweaa.org/ .  There are lots of useful links.  You should know
ahead of time however, that although we have been blessed with beautiful
weather the last couple years, it can also be awful.  If you live here, you
just make your plans and go for it, hoping for the best.  We're keeping good
thoughts and hoping the weather gods are with us again this year.

    Jeff