Re: TP5 & TP6

Subject: Re: TP5 & TP6
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:43:31
Simon,

I had similar problems and almost epoxied the bushes to the torque tube
trying to follow the
manual.  I solved the problem by coating the torque tube with a lite coat of
oil and epoxying
one bush at a time.  This was done by inserting one bush into the foam,
inserting the torque tube,
and sliding the second bush onto the torque tube and inserting it into the
foam.  I then slid one
of the bushes back out of the foam while holding the torque tube stationery,
applied epoxy and
slid it back into the foam. I let the bush cure.  I then slid the other bush
out of the foam, applied
epoxy and slid it back in and let it cure.  I think it is important to
center the torque tube in the
core to have the same weight on each bushing.  This is a two step process
that takes time, but
it was easy.
The bushes should have a slip fit, ie, they should slide on the torque tube
with no noticable wobble.
I am sure with use they will loosen some.

John E., A230