Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)

Subject: Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:37:23
I had this idea for a 3rd pin using a MS21047 anchor nut, an AN3 bolt
with the head sawed off and screwdriver slot Dremel'd into the end for
adjustment, and a 3/16" hole in the sill.

But just stiffening does the trick?  Well I have some horrendously
expensive carbon fiber BID left over, and just 2 layers of _that_
stuff over the major length of the inside lower door frame would
stiffen the #&$@ out of it, and equal the weight of a hardware
solution.  I'll be painting it anyway, acceding to the objections of
the Director of Aesthetics, in my one-man shop here, to the glossy
gov't gray gel coat.

Gazing eyes toward the ceiling and scratching chin....Hmmm.

Regards,
Fred F., A063