Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)

Subject: Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:59:52
mine (Mk1) didn't bulge either (up to Vne)....however I have closed the cut out
you have to made for the lock (as per instruction) with an cover which is
permanently epoxyd on the frame .
I know from a few other builders they just screwed the cover (for better access
to later inspection....) and here the door bulges......

If you epoxy the cover permanently on, make sure the roll pins holding the push
rods are safely secured as they may tend to move after 4 years in
service.....(and if this happens, this is $%=!!!!)

Klaus