Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)

Subject: Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:58:26
Fred

I installed a strip of CF bid 4 layers thick (a short 5th layer in the middle)
by 3/4" wide on the lower inside skin of the doors.  They now flex about 1/4th
to 1/3rd as much as they did before.  The strips weighed 20 grams each.  I hope
that is stiff enough. The center of the door flexes about 3/16" with about 20
lbs force on the center of the door.  The perspex has not been installed so they
should get stiffer.  What do you think?  It would be easy to add a couple
layers.

Tom