Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)

Subject: Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 20:44:12
Sorry Fred

I should have had someone else read my description to see if it was clear.  You
have
and it wasn't. Because I was short of trainable mice,
I laid up the CF on plastic and cut it in the curve of the door.  Then slid it
in
through the mechanism opening with lots of goop and held it down with various
sticks
until it cured.
I was happy with the small deflection under load but to add a belt to the
suspenders,
today I added one foot of reinforcement to the forward  area (where I found that
almost all of the deflection occurs.)  Big change.  It is stiff!  It can be done
if
the latch mechanism cover is removable as I did it all through there.

Tom