Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)

Subject: Re: Door 3rd pin (was: Roll Trim Tab)
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:49:04
Hi Fred

If you haven't bonded the cover over the latching mechanism yet, you might
want to wait and here if what I am trying works.  I have laid (layed?) up
a carbon fiber stiffener to fit and lay flat on the inside of the door on
the horizontal lower wall.  I think I can place it through the latching
mech. hole, turn it horizontal, and bond it to the lower surface.  It is 4
layers of C bid with another shorter layer in the middle and I think it
will give great lateral stiffness.  Stiffer than me!  Let me know if
interested in results.  (On the door frame...)

Tom Friedland A 079 mono J 3300 N96V