Europa-List: Re: Battery Questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery Questions
From: crouton <crouton@well.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 09:38:58

This is an interesting thread.
But we must all keep in mind that the "nominal" 17 amp hours of the Odyssey
battery
(or of any other) is predicated on a 20 hour discharge rate and has an endpoint
of 11volts.
Therefore any discharge rate over one (1) amp will result in a battery capacity
of far under 17ah.  At even at a 3 amp discharge rate a fresh Odyssey 17 ah
battery
will be perilously close to complete discharge after 3 hours.
Food for thought.

Creighton Smith   Classic EFI 912

Sent from my iPad

wrote:

> *

>   Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
>
> Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the
> two Web Links listed below.  The .html file includes the Digest formatted
> in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
> and Message Navigation.  The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
> of the Europa-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
> such as Notepad or with a web browser.
>
> HTML Version:
>

> http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter
> 13-10-19&Archive=Europa
>
> Text Version:
>

> http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter
> 13-10-19&Archive=Europa

>   EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
>

>           ----------------------------------------------------------
>                           Europa-List Digest Archive
>                                      ---
>                     Total Messages Posted Sat 10/19/13: 10
>

> Today's Message Index:
>
>     1. 03:42 AM - Re: Re: Battery questions  (David Joyce)
>     2. 03:56 AM - Re: Classic Centre Console  (spcialeffects)
>     3. 04:21 AM - Dummy spars  (spcialeffects)
>     4. 05:09 AM - Re: Re: Classic Centre Console  (Carl Pattinson)
>     5. 06:42 AM - KEVV - Evansville Indiana EAA Chapter 21 Wings and Wheels
> this
weekend  (Steve Eberhart)