Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery Questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery Questions
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:22:23

Frans, As always there is much in what you say, but an
Odyssey is a gas recombinant lead acid battery and has
many characteristics quite different from conventional
lead acid batteries, such as the ability to withstand many
cycles of deep discharge, to have a significantly longer
life, to work normally at very cold temperatures and more
specifically to charge to 97% on a voltage of just 13.5v
and to retain 80% of its rated capacity until the end of
its useful life.
        None of that of course makes it a good idea to be
in the habit of flying around assuming that it will keep
the pumps going for hours!
Regards, David