Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: houlihan <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:01:24
HI Fran.

Having had a regulator failure recently I agree with your message though in
my case the capacitor then failed within a few minutes and vented its
internals past the windscreen.
Just for information if you have the Schicke regulator installed they say
that the capacitor is no longer required, also over ten years ago I fitted
the overvoltage protection module that was widely mentioned in the Europa
Flyer of the time. This actually worked for me and maybe it saved my radio
and transponder and other stuff from being damaged .

Tim
G-BZTH