Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:23:06

Hi All.
Went flying today first time for a couple of weeks.
Tested out a few things, on the 914.
Master Switch OFF, Alternator On, engine kept running,
Alternator OFF, Master ON, engine kept running, Ammeter 11.9
Both OFF, engine kept running ,Alternator providing spark, then later stopped
starved
of fuel.
I must say even sitting on the ground when the engine quit it was alarming, I
was
under the impression it was the same as the spark, with its own little separate
circuitry that would keep one pump going regardless of switch position.
Having seen 11.9 volts on battery with everything turned off , I think I would
make for the nearest airfield, Anyone every done a test on this, Obviously it
will depend on how good you battery is, so a middle of the road figure would be
useful.
Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: