RE: Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL
From: Robert Hatton <roberthatton1@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:00:53

Hello Graham,

I am following this thread for I shall also be looking at fitting a fuel
flow meter. Could I ask you to elaborate on your comment about ignoring the
return flow for you are only measuring the fuel to the engine. I think I
understand that with the placement of the Flowscan (from Marcel's the
schematic) no problem in measuring the fuel going to the engine. But with
the fuel coming back via the return line will that not eventually (after
going through the system) go back to the engine again via the Flowscan? The
question being, are the amounts so small not to worry about it and does this
just build in a safety margin? Sorry to sound thick on this, I am just
trying to get my head around what has been said so far and the schematic.

Robert

Robert Hatton
email: roberthatton1@googlemail.com
US Cell: +01 303 906 9395