Re: Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:13:37

[quote:1fbd4ff5cf="B Davies"]The one disadvantage of the proposed fuel layout is
that you will have static fuel in the lines to the carbs when the engine is
stopped.  In very hot conditions you could get fuel vaporisation in this section
of the line on the ground.  Running the electric fuel pump will not clear it
because there will be no flow.[/quote:1fbd4ff5cf]

Good point you have there Brian, I did not yet think of that!

As you state, this can become an issue in hot conditions on the ground, so I
would
not expect this to be a flight-safety issue. I recognize that restarting the
engine might be troublesome (or even impossible?) in those circumstances.

If I take this approach I will therefore have to keep the 'static fuel section'
as short in length as possible and, in addition, take the best possible measures
to minimize the risk of fuel vaporizing in that section and/or even provide
some means of cooling after shutdown.

Clearly some more thinking will be required. All recommendations are still more
than welcome though!

Marcel

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org