Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel return line attachment point with 912UL
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:28:04

I will have to replace my rubber fuel lines shortly due to aging, and am
planning
to install a fuel flow computer at the same time. As I posted on this list
some time ago, the LAA recently released a standard mod for installing the
sender.

I have purchase a FF computer with 2 senders, but am now considering a single
sender
setup to keep things simple (and therefore less prune to failure).

Some people have been telling me that there is no need for a 2nd sender because
the flow in the return line for a 912UL is very limited . My feeling tells me
that this flow does show variation with RPM, so with the standard way the fuel
flow reading using a single sender will have some inaccuracy.

If can do, I would very much like to eliminate this inaccuracy though. My
brother
Hans and Graham S. talked about this subject last night. Today my brother sent
me attached schema of a setup that fixes the inaccuracy problem, and at the
same time seems to make sure that fuel pressure at the carbs is guaranteed.

Before proceeding following this thought I would like to get as much input as
possible
on the idea to find out if there are any flaws that we did not see.

Would you please review this schema, and share your thoughts with me?

Much appreciated.

Marcel

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org

Attachments: