Re: Cockpit cooling

Subject: Re: Cockpit cooling
From: David DeFord <davedeford@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:57:40

> That is the proof that it is the doors that are pushed out
> and the air goes
> out through the gap. How many of us have felt that stranger
> tugging at our
> left sleeve and nearly jumped out of our skins? (R sleeve for
> passengers) Bob Jacobson's third bolt will fix that, but then
> you ne4ed a more positive
> outlet p-ath for the cabin air.

I believe that the factory may have stiffened the doors in later kits,
because ours (kit A135, received March 1999) do not leak.  We added
sliding latches in the center of the bottom edge of the doors to prevent
bowing in flight, but we never need to engage them.  We have vigorous
air flow out of the cabin through the slots for the gear and brake
levers, so additional exit openings are not required in our airplane.

Dave DeFord
N135TD