Re: Cockpit cooling

Subject: Re: Cockpit cooling
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:42:44
Message text written by "Steven Pitt"
>Now I'm confused - does'nt take much!
Re 3rd bolts. I talked to the factory about bowing doors and was
recommended
to fit a 3rd pin (fixed not slidding) 1/2 way along the door.
Are you saying that this is not recognised by the PFA? or am I missing the
point somewhere?<

I don't know the detail of what the factory is recommending. If Andy Draper
reads this perhaps he will give more detail. All I know is that the PFA
will not clear as a mod any hole drilled in the horizontal surface of the
door frame. If this is at odds with the factory we will get the matter
sorted out but in the meantime I would recommend not drilling any such
holes until cleared by the PFA.

Nigel Charles