Re: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins

Subject: Re: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 07:02:42
Any thoughts out there on this?

To quote Andy Draper when I asked a similar question some years ago.. "You've
got one of those bloody digital spirit levels haven't you". 0.1 of a degree is

not going to make any difference. If you want to feel more comfortable about it

take your digital spirit level down to the local airfield and do the same on
sever C172's. It'll make your 0.1 degree concern disappear rapidly.

>Pin pin alignment

I had exactly the same problem, fixed it initially, forgot I had fixed it and
succeeded in reintroducing it when I fitted the thicker plates last month (see

my log!).

If you want to retain the same settings follow the mod instructions and make
individual jigs for the tabs. Don't do the glass layup until you have verified

the operation with with the plates just floxed in place as it's a lot easier to

grind a bit of flox off than to do the glass layup many times over. I ended up

moving one of my pins forward by 1.5mm to get the two tabs aligned

Tony