RE: Pins in Stabilator

Subject: RE: Pins in Stabilator
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:02:33
Dave;

These pins have to be really snug.  You don't want any play.  My
units are set up so that they need a slight rap with the the back end of a
mini-mag AA flashlight to get them seated.  Though they pull out with a
good tug on the ring. Have you checked for burrs?  You may want to use a
little extra force once or so to see if that will help.  The real solution
however may have to be drilling out the holes and going to a larger size pin. I

don't know off hand how these things are  sized you may want to have a
machine shop grind some pins for you so you really don't have to go much larger

on the hole if that concerns you.

Steve Hagar

A143

Mesa, AZ

I have the quick build kit and did not build the stabilators.
I have both installed on the airplane and on one side, the pin doesn't go
through all the way to click in. If I insert it into the Stabilator when off the

airplane, it goes through and the pin also goes through the torque tube -- just

not when the Stabilator is inserted into the tube.

Does anyone have any
suggestions to solve this. I am not forcing it, but it seems that something
needs to be "adjusted".

Thanks,

Dave Anderson
A227