Re: Pins in Stabilator

Subject: Re: Pins in Stabilator
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:59:13
Dave,
I found that my stbd side was tighter than my port side.  I align the stabs on
the shaft using the tapered portion of a punch, rocking it circularly in the
hole.
Then, when I'm serious about having the pin go all the way through, rather
than being satisfied with just holding it place from just the top side during
construction, I use a screwdriver placed in the ridge of the pin pushing down,
while I pull up on the release ring.  You may want to try that with an
additional
tap on the screwdriver. (You'll need a third hand)  I'm counting on general
wear to take care of the tightness.  Other than that, I'd suggest the proper
size reamer.

On Sun, 11 November 2001, DJA727@aol.com wrote:

> I have the quick build kit and did not build the stabilators. I have both
> installed
on the airplane and on one side, the pin doesn't go through all the way
to click in. If I insert it into the Stabilator when off the airplane, it goes
through and the pin also goes through the torque tube -- just not when the
Stabilator
is inserted into the tube.

> Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this. I am not forcing it, but it
> seems
that something needs to be "adjusted".

> Thanks,
>
> Dave Anderson