Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins

Subject: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:41:14

>   Though however this is a good thing as the drive pins need to come out
> to implement the installation  of the beefier units that I almost had to
> beg Europa to send me.  Do any of you who have performed the retrofit
> have any tips or shortcuts for the swap out to to enhance alignment.  I
> plan on trying to use the T bar to reset these.  Any tips on ripping the
> old units out to preserve the planar alignment of the pin plate?
>
>Steve Hagar

I set up the two tabs on the bench , with the hinges lined up on aluminum
extrusion. Then I cut off a short length of 1/4" bore tube and set that up
to fit over the tab pins and jigged it level , parallel with the hinges and
the correct angle and radius from the hinge pivot.
Then I floxed in the new tab pin brackets. This should take care of the
vital criteria for correct alignment.The rest was as per manual

BTW, I will be silent for the next two weeks, hiding in the middle of
Wisconsin, hopefully with gentle weather but at least among friends.

Graham