Re: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins

Subject: Re: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:03:38

Steve,

I have had the delightful task of ripping out my trim tabpins twice.  First
to correct a misalignmet like you have, then to replace them with the
updated unit.

To remove just grind away the covering layers of bid then heat the plates (I
use a heat gun).  When the glass sofens you can pull off the plate with a
pair of pliers.

The tabs are very easy to align when on the plane.  Get everything set up
and cover the plate with flox.  I used bits of balsa wood jamed inbetween
the fuselage and plate to hold it tight until the flox dries, then remove
the stab and do the bid thing.

I also niticed a bit of difference between the fuselage and root fairings,
but always went with the digital level and my plane flys hands off so I must
have done something right.

Bob Jacobsen
A131