Re: Bouncy landings

Subject: Re: Bouncy landings
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:42:48

> I just hope our bad one was an anomaly,
> not the norm, as this could get expensive,
> at about $250 every 100 hours or so (not
> counting the half day it takes to replace them).

ZK-UBD is probably one of the harder worked Europas around other than the
factory demonstrators. We logged 150 hours and over 340 landings in the last
year. It is also being used to teach David Moody, the Airmaster flight test
engineer, to fly and some of his early 'arrivals' on the sealed runway gave the

undercarriage a good workout. Between the two of us we have logged twenty or so

landings a week for the past six weeks.

As an aside, I wonder if Dave will be the first person to do his entire PPL in

a Europa? He does have a zillion or so hours in performance gliders which helps.

The undercarriage is working well and no change in 'bounce' characteristic has

occurred.

Tony