Re: Secret to knife trimming

Subject: Re: Secret to knife trimming
From: Brian Hutchinson <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:07:52
Re all the comments about knife trimming by those who find no problems, I
agree with all that has been said by those who have no problem, I would just
add- use a new blade and don't try to cut right through in one cut.  Start
off with a gentle score, using a straight edge where possible, and make
several controlled sweeps with the blade, increasing the pressure as you
deepen the cut.  You'll get a real clean job if you've timed it right.  The
Permagrit rotary cutters do have their place with this project but are much
more messy in this particular application.

Brian Hutchinson
XS-357