Secret to knife trimming

Subject: Secret to knife trimming
From: Andrew Sarangan <europaxs@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:18:19

What is the secret to knife trimming? I am using a utility knife to trim at
the leather stage. Try as I may, I am unable to make a clean cut without
ripping the fibers or lifting the cloth. In fact, I don't quite understand how
a knife can be used to cut cloth at all (cured or not). Scissors cut cloth,
while a knife rips cloth. Anyway, I ended up using a scissor to trim as close
as possible (I can get within 1/4"), and decided to trim the rest with a
dremel when everything is fully cured. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

CFII
Europa #A178