Re: Secret to knife trimming

Subject: Re: Secret to knife trimming
From: EuropaChris@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:05:27
Hi, Andrew.  The secret to knife trimming is don't.  I tried it initially, and
found it way more hassle than it's worth.  You do have to let the glass  cure
almost all the way, until it's very stiff, like boot leather.  Then it cuts
pretty
well, but it takes ages to trim a big layup.

What I do now is scissor trim to less than 1/2", and then let it cure all the
way.
After cure, I use the Dremel with a Permagrit cutoff wheel.  I can then buzz
off the edges and sand flush with the Permagrit sanding blocks in no time
at all.

In case you don't have Permagrit tools, do yourself the biggest favor on the
planet and get some.  www.permagrit.com.  THey are amazing, fantastic, and
wonderful.  You won't regret it.  Not cheap, but worth it.

Enjoy!

Chris
A159