RE: Secret to knife trimming

Subject: RE: Secret to knife trimming
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:54:24

What is the secret to knife trimming? I am using a utility knife to trim at
the leather stage. Try as I may, I am unable to make a clean cut without
ripping the fibers or lifting the cloth.

You are cutting too early which is causing the tearing.

You have to time it right. Once it has lost it's tack leave it for another
hour and then try. At the right stage the knife will slice through it like
butter leaving a really clean edge. If you leave it too late of course then
it's hacksaw time!

Tony