Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Connecting both sides of the fuel tank
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 01:16:39

John Wighton wrote:
> Reply to Tim.
>
> The return line goes to the reserve side, therefore the last tank you switch
to should always be the reserve. As this will receive the excess fuel that is
bypassing the carb.

> So when your tank/gauge says empty stay on main tank.  As soon as the engine
faulters switch to reserve, you then have 9 lites remaining. Every drop of that
is available to you, including the returned fuel.

> Regards
> JW

Certainly true, but I'm not sure I have the cajones to operate on the "run it
until
it falters" principle of fuel management!

Read this topic online here: